08 June 2008

Car Report

As a car nut this weekend has been crazy. Since the weather was nice but mainly because of the holiday I guess, cars were cruising up and down the main streets downtown (Gävle) including a bunch of awesome old classic '50s and muscle cars (the muscle car culture here is like 10x what it is in the states), several "raggare" cars which are old muscle beater cars that they purposely make look shitty, including one that had like "county police" and a big police star hand painted (really crappily) on the sides with lights on top and everything, it was hilarious, all it needed was the dixie horn blaring constantly and I would have been shooting milk out my nose (had I actually been drinking milk, which I hate). Two Audi R8s (an ugly ass white one with black side blades and a beautiful one that was I think daytona gray pearl), a really well kept Supra NA that I think had been converted to turbo judging by what looked like a giant intercooler under the front bumper. And the piece de resistance, two- yes two Skylines. I think they were only R33s, but still, pretty freakin' sweet. Nothing you would see in Kansas. Crazy how many nice cars are around here in Gävle, it's not even that huge of a city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do they have those lame ass emmissions restrictions in sweden like in USA?

only decent car i saw all weekend was a bright yellow RX-8